McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown has confirmed that the team has launched legal proceedings against both Alex Palou as an individual and his company.
Speaking at the Dutch Grand Prix this weekend, Brown said that the team are extremely disappointed with how things have played out.
The American confirmed that the team will let the legal process play out.
Alex Palou is on course to claim his second NTT INDYCAR SERIES championship as soon as Sunday if he manages to out score his teammate and six-time series champion Scott Dixon by seven points or more.
Brown said that he had no idea what is going on in Palou’s head confirming that he has not spoken to the Spaniard.
Palou had reached an agreement with McLaren that he would be the team’s F1 reserve driver alongside his INDYCAR commitments with Ganassi and tested the McLaren car as recently as last month in Hungary as part of test of on an old car programme.
Paddock Eye understands that McLaren Racing are seeking 25 – 30 million in damages from Palou.