NASCAR Cup star Kyle Busch has revealed that he had a deal in place to compete in the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil in May but that he was blocked from taking part in the Verizon IndyCar Series showcase event.
Busch, who retired from Sunday’s Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway commented by saying:
I had it done last year, sold and everything and ready to go and I’ve got a boss that said no, Figure it out; I’ve got two bosses – one’s a male and one’s a female.
Busch’s brother, Kurt competed in the race in 2014 with Andretti Autosport, finishing the race in sixth place. Busch said that he was kind of glad that he had not competed in the race as all the media attention was on McLaren Honda’s Fernando Alonso however he is said that he would like to have another opportunity to run the race.