Rave one of the NTT IndyCar Series double header in Detroit is on Indefinite hold due to poor weather over Belle Isle.

Race organisers released the following statement:

The National Weather Service has determined severe weather, including lightning, is in the vicinity of the Venue and Belle Isle. All Grand Prix events have been suspended until the inclement weather passes through the area. If you are under cover in a permanent structure or hospitality tent, please shelter in place until the storm clears. All other guests, please begin to exit the venue and Belle Isle by moving to the shuttle transportation loading area in a calm and orderly fashion and take the shuttle system back to your car on the mainland. After the storm clears, we will work with local media outlets, as well as our social media channels, to communicate when Grand Prix events will resume. Once activities are resumed, you will be permitted to re-enter with your ticket stub from today and return to your seats.

Share This