Firestone Racing, the official tire supplier to the NTT INDYCAR SERIES has brought more than 4,500 race tires to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the 107th running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge.
Each driver receives 34 sets of the black sidewalled Prinary tire which is the same compound and construction as 2022.
- Rookies receive three extra sets
- Drivers doing a refresher receive two extra sets
- Entries participating in Firestone Fast 12 will receive an extra set
- Entries participating in Firestone Fast 6 will receive an additional set
- Entries participating in last chance qualifying (last row) will receive an extra set.
Speaking about the Indianapolis 500, Cara Krstolic commented saying:
This year’s Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires have the same race-proven construction and compound design as last year. This year, it has slightly softer compounds with added grip. In keeping with our sustainability efforts, the tread of all our 2023 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires also incorporate a synthetic rubber created with ISCC+ certified recycled Butadiene, a monomer produced with recycled post-consumer plastic waste, that was developed in partnership with Shell.