A vote on whether or not a Grand Prix will be held in Miami next season which was due to take place next week has been deferred by district commissioner Barbara Jordan until Tuesday February 4.

It was announced this week that changes have been made to the circuit layout removing the section of the track which took in 199th street.

Following the changes that were made to both the circuit and the race weekend schedule representatives from Formula One said that residents of the local area are not concerned about the race and therefore they wanted the vote to go ahead.

Miami mayor Carlos Giminez has said that the race will only be held at Dolphin stadium and not at Homestead Miami Speedway which had been suggested as an alternative venue for the race.

Share This