Penske Entertainment Corporation President and CEO Mark Miles says the NTT IndyCar Series expects to have a new television broadcasting deal in place following the 105th running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge on May 30.

Speaking during a Zoom conference call on Wednesday, Miles said:

I think this spring. It could be before. It could be just after the 500. We’re in the process, having the discussions, and I think it should lead to some conclusion let’s say by the beginning of June, somewhere in there.

NBC/Universal are about to start the final season of a four-year agreement with the NTT IndyCar Series and earlier this year they announced that they will close NBCSN at the end of the year with practice and qualifying for NTT IndyCar Series races moving to the online-only platform of Peacock.

It is unclear what the future holds in terms of TV rights for IndyCar but as it stands for 2021, they have an awful of partnership deals around the world and this is something that the series will want to build on, after all, the 2021 season is gearing up to be one of the best seasons in recent IndyCar history.

Territories – Channel

Australasia – Fox Sports Australia

Belgium – VOOsport

Canada – Sportsnet

France – CANAL+

Japan – GAORA SPORTS

Mexico – Claro

Myanmar – CANAL+

Netherlands – Ziggo Sport

New Zealand – Sky Sport

Nordics – V Sport and Viaplay

Pan LatAm – Claro Video

Portugal – Sport TV

Russia – Viasat Sport East

South Africa & SSA – Supersport

Sub-Saharan Africa – CANAL+

Spain – Movistar

Republic of Ireland and The UK – Sky Sports F1HD

Vietnam – VSTV

The 2021 NTT IndyCar Series season officially kicks off on Saturday with practice and qualifying for the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park.

Share This