The Music City Grand Prix organizers in Nashville expect a sell-out crowd for the inaugural Music City Grand Prix NTT IndyCar Series race which takes place from August 6-8. Speaking to Paddock Eye on Wednesday, Music City Grand Prix COO Jason Rittenberry said that they anticipate a capacity crowd to be in attendance for the three day festival which includes great music, food and entertaining racing.

It was announced last week that three time Indianapolis 500 winner and NTT IndyCar Series veteran Helio Castroneves who is returning to IndyCar on a partial schedule for the 2021 season with Meyer Shank Racing has added the Music City Grand Prix to his schedule and Rittenberry says that the team are extremely excited that Castroneves is coming to Nashville for the race and also they looking forward to seeing Jimmie Johnson on track at the circuit in Nashville.

When it comes to COVID-19, Rittenberry says that the race organizers are prepared for every eventuality should they have to change their plans but they are fully expecting the Music City Grand Prix to be the first open event since the pandemic started.

The Music City Grand Prix will become the first NTT IndyCar Series event that will see cars race over a bridge with drivers crossing the Korean War Veteran Memorial Bridge not once but twice. Rittenberry said that the safety team at the track will have divers in the water in the unlikely event a driver ends up in the water following an accident.

The circuit have brought the up to date barrier technology which has been provided by Geobrugg who have introduced a new barrier system which has the fencing already attached to it.

The Music City Grand Prix recently announced that Grammy Award winning artist Justin Timberlake who has joined the ownership team of the event. Rittenberry confirmed that The Music City Grand Prix will announce new details about the race later this week.

For further information about the Music City Grand Prix visit – https://musiccitygp.com/

Share This