Hyundai Motorsports Thierry Neuville maintained his Safari Rally Kenya lead on Saturday to head into the final day of action with a 57.4s lead over Toyota Gazoo Racing’s Takamoto Katsuta and speaking following the action, the Belgian commented saying:
I’m not very emotional and not very much stressed, but I have to say I was. “After all that fighting during the two last days, I refused to lose that position and kept fighting very hard.
“At the end, I was relieved to be in the lead. It doesn’t matter how much, being in the lead was the main thing
Ott Tanak in the I20 Coupe was relegated to fourth place and speaking following the action he commented saying:
“It started to rain quite soon after the start and unfortunately my side of the screen heater was not working. I had to ask Martijn (co-driver Järveoja) how the road goes, and in some places we had to stop and clean and try to figure it out.
M-Sport Ford’s Gus Greensmith and Adrien Fourmaux consolidated their fifth and sixth places respectively.
1. T Neuville / M Wydaeghe BEL Hyundai i20 2hr 45min 04.6sec
2. T Katsuta / D Barritt GBR Toyota Yaris +57.4sec
3. S Ogier / J Ingrassia FRA Toyota Yaris +1min 15.5sec
4. O Tänak / M Järveoja EST Hyundai i20 +2min 21.2sec
5. G Greensmith / C Patterson GBR Ford Fiesta +2min 39.4sec
6. A Fourmaux / R Jamoul FRA Ford Fiesta +2min 51.4sec