NTT IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway owner Roger Penske says he was blown away by the presentation that the organizers of next year’s Music City Grand Prix in Nashville, Tennessee put on when they came to Indianapolis to propose their street race.

It was announced earlier this year that IndyCar will head to Nashville next season and speaking during online race industry week on Monday, Mr Penske said that when the IndyCar team traveled to Nashville he was blown away with what the organizers have planned for the event and that the race in a collaborative effort between the Tennessee Titans, IndyCar and Music City Grand Prix organizers.

Penske also said that he wants to ensure that going forward IndyCar has date equity and that the 105th running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge which is exactly six month away will take place in its traditional May slot and he is hopeful that with a vaccine for COVID 19 on the way that the race will take place with fans in attendance.

Penske has also confirmed that for the foreseeable future the NTT IndyCar Series will not race outside of North America but that he thinks it is possible that the series could race in Mexico.

As for a third engine manufacturer,coming into the sport, Penske confirmed that talks are ongoing with Ferrari and maybe two other manufacturers and that he believes it is likely going to be 2023 when a new manufacturer joins Chevrolet and Honda in the NTT IndyCar Series.

 

Share This