Roger Penske, the owner of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the NTT IndyCar Series, Team Penske and the Penske Corporation says he will continue to lead his businesses for as long as he can.
Speaking to NBCSN Sports Mike Tirico, Penske who turned 83 in February said that his wife Kathy, five kids and 13 grandchildren know that he is passionate about what he does and that he has a responsibility to his over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Penske also confirmed that he would like to see more doubleheader race weekend’s with the NTT IndyCar Series and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and it is something he has spoken to Jim France and Steve Phelps from NASCAR about doing more doubleheader races.
The NTT IndyCar Series will run the GMR Grand Prix of Indianapolis on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course on Saturday July 4 while NASCAR Xfinity Cup Series will run the Big Machine Vodka 400 at the Brickyard on Sunday July 5. Penske is excited about the IndyCar/NASCAR doubleheader weekend at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as it is great for the fan experience. Penske also said that is will be very good from the TV perspective given the different racing disciplines.
The 104th running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge takes place on August 23 and will mark Roger Penske’s first at the helm of the Speedway and the NTT IndyCar Series.
Roger Penske will be aiming to secure a hat-trick of Indianapolis 500 victories following Will Power’s win in 2018 and Simon Pagenaud’s win last year.