Shell Corporation announced this week that they have signed a multi-year contract to become the official fuel supplier of the NTT IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The agreement includes engagement across all Penske Entertainment and Team Penske platforms:
- Beginning in 2023, Shell will become the Official Fuel of the NTT INDYCAR SERIES and IMS. Additional details regarding the Official Fuel designation for INDYCAR will be announced soon.
- Shell-Pennzoil will continue its sponsorship of Team Penske’s winning INDYCAR and NASCAR programs.
- Shell and Pennzoil also will be primary sponsors for two of Team Penske’s entries in the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race. Two-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES champion Josef Newgarden will race the No. 2 Shell V-Power Chevrolet, and Scott McLaughlin will compete in the No. 3 Pennzoil Chevrolet at IMS.
- Pennzoil will extend its sponsorship as the Official Motor Oil and Lubricant Supplier of the IMS, INDYCAR and the NTT INDYCAR SERIES.
- Pennzoil will continue to sponsor the Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard NASCAR Xfinity Series race in July at IMS.
- Shell and Pennzoil will continue to serve as the preferred fuel and lubricant supplier for Penske Transportation Solutions and Penske Automotive Group.
NTT IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway owner Roger Penske said:
“We are proud of the global business relationship with Shell and Pennzoil that extends across our Penske companies. “Over the years, we have experienced great success together on the track, and the relationship has evolved to include our transportation business operations all over the world. Our teams are also working with Shell and Pennzoil on product development and multiple sustainability initiatives to help keep us focused on the future.”
Steve Reindl, president, Shell Lubricants Americas said:
“For more than 100 years, Shell has been forging long-lasting relationships that extend beyond the brand and products the company produces. “Our relationship with Penske continues to evolve, both commercially and in motorsport, giving Shell and Penske a vast platform to pursue our respective sustainability and decarbonization goals.”