The 106th running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge takes place in six weeks and with that in mind, here at Paddock Eye, we thought we would take a look at where the grid is currently at. The race is traditionally formed of 33 drivers and as we head into the month of May, there are 32 confirmed drivers for 2022.
Chip Ganassi Racing has five cars set for the Indianapolis 500,
8. Marcus Ericsson – Huski Chocolate Honda
9. Scott Dixon – PNC Bank Honda
10. Alex Palou – NTT DATA Honda
48. Jimmie Johnson – Carvana Honda
Number TBC. Tony Kanaan – American Legion Honda
Andretti Autosport have five cars with Marco Andretti returning for the 500.
26. Colton Herta – Gainbridge Honda
27. Alexander Rossi – NAPA Auto Parts AutoNation Honda
28. Romain Grosjean – DHL Honda
29. Devlin DeFrancesco – PowerTab Honda
98. Marco Andretti – KULR Technology Honda
Arrow McLaren SP has three cars with:
5. Pato O’Ward – Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet
6. Juan Pablo Montoya – Mission Foods Chevrolet
7. Felix Rosenqvist – Vuse Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet
Dale Coyne Racing will run two cars.
18. David Malukas – HMD Motorsport Honda
51. Takuma Sato – ODT Honda
Team Penske will run three cars.
2. Josef Newgarden – Hitachi Chevrolet
3. Scott McLaughlin – Pennzoil Chevrolet
12. Will Power – Verizon 5G Chevrolet
Meyer Shank Racing will run two cars.
06. Helio Castroneves – AutoNation Honda
60. Simon Pagenaud – AutoNation Sirius XM Honda
Juncos Racing has one car.
77. Callum Ilott Chevrolet
Dreyer and Reinbold Racing are back this season and will run two cars.
23. Santino Ferrucci Chevrolet.
24. Sage Karam Chevrolet.
Ed Carpenter Racing has three cars.
20. Conor Daly – Bitnile Chevrolet
21. Rinus VeeKay – SONAX Chevrolet
33. Ed Carpenter – Alzmend Chevrolet
AJ Foyt Racing has three cars.
4. Dalton Kellett – K-Line Insulators Chevrolet
11. J.R Hildebrand – ROKiT Chevrolet
14. Kyle Kirkwood – ROKiT Chevrolet
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has three cars.
15. Graham Rahal – United Rentals Honda
30. Christian Lundgaard – PeopleReady Honda
45. Jack Harvey – Hy-Vee Honda
As for who might take up the 33rd spot on the grid for the Indianapolis 500? Paddock Eye understands that although there has been no word from Paretta Autosport regarding the month of May, team owner Beth Paretta has been working hard behind the scenes to have something in place for the 500, we understand that Simona De Silvestro will once again drive the car.
Paretta attended last weekend’s Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach. The 106th running of the Indianapolis presented by Gainbridge takes place on Sunday 29 May. For more information visit – http://IMS.COM