Hendrick Motorsports Chase Elliott in the No.9 NAPA Auto Parts Chevrolet Camaro started Sunday’s Quaker State 400 presented by Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway from pole position by virtue of the fact that he is leading the championship.
The Hendrick Motorsports driver led 95 of the 260-lap race to claim his third victory of the 2022 MONSTER Energy NASCAR Cup Series season.
Speaking following the race he said:
This one’s up there for sure, to win at your home track is a real big deal I think to any race car driver. “I watched a lot of guys do it over the years, Jimmie [Johnson] out in California. We haven’t really had a very good run here, so I felt like today was a good opportunity for us.
“I’m just so proud. This is obviously home for me and home to a lot of great fans who made a lot of noise today. Couldn’t be more proud of our team.
Trackhouse Racing’s Ross Chastain finished the race in second place and speaking following the action he said:
I hated that I took the best car here and I tore it up a couple times, but yeah, it’s incredible,’’
“Hats off to Chevrolet and Trackhouse for bringing this fast of a Jockey Chevrolet to be able to come back. Our road crew and pit crew did an awesome job to rebound through all the damage repair and we had a shot and I got inside of the 9 [Elliott] coming off [turn] 2 coming to the checkered and the caution came out.
(1) Chase Elliott, Chevrolet, 260.
(2) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 260.
(5) Austin Cindric #, Ford, 260.
(25) Erik Jones, Chevrolet, 260.
(6) Ryan Blaney, Ford, 260.
(7) Daniel Suarez, Chevrolet, 260.
(24) Justin Haley, Chevrolet, 260.
(22) Aric Almirola, Ford, 260.
(18) Cole Custer, Ford, 260.
(27) Harrison Burton #, Ford, 260.
(9) Martin Truex Jr., Toyota, 260.
(10) Kevin Harvick, Ford, 260.
(3) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet, 260.
(32) Bubba Wallace, Toyota, 260.
(12) Michael McDowell, Ford, 260.
(14) Chase Briscoe, Ford, 260.
(28) Todd Gilliland #, Ford, 260.
(31) Brad Keselowski, Ford, 260.
(15) Christopher Bell, Toyota, 260.
(19) Kyle Busch, Toyota, 260.
(30) Corey LaJoie, Chevrolet, 260.
(21) Kurt Busch, Toyota, Accident, 259.
(34) Cody Ware, Ford, 259.
(36) Landon Cassill(i), Chevrolet, 259.
(16) Denny Hamlin, Toyota, 259.
(17) Joey Logano, Ford, DVP, 252.
(33) Garrett Smithley(i), Ford, 252.
(23) Ty Dillon, Chevrolet, DVP, 174.
(4) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet, Accident, 170.
(13) William Byron, Chevrolet, Accident, 170.
(20) Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Chevrolet, Engine, 162.
(8) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet, DVP, 160.
(11) Chris Buescher, Ford, Accident, 107.
(29) Noah Gragson(i), Chevrolet, Suspension, 91.
(26) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet, Accident, 90.
(35) BJ McLeod(i), Ford, Accident, 77.