The 2020 NTT IndyCar season wrapped up last weekend at the Firestone Grand Prix of St Petersburg where Josef Newgarden took victory in the race while Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon in the No.9 PNC Bank Honda won his sixth championship. The Iceman was back on track on Friday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to test ahead of the 2021 season.
It has been a big week since the season ended with a number of drivers confirmed. Here is what we know so far:
Team Penske will run a four car full time programme next season.
2. Josef Newgarden
3. Scott McLaughlin joins the team full-time in 2021 driving the No.3 Shell V Power Nitro Plus Chevrolet.
12. Will Power
Arrow McLaren SP
5. Pato O’Ward Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet
7 Felix Rosenqvist Arrow McLaren SP Chevrrolet
Chip Ganassi Racing return to a four car full time programme in 2021.
8. Marcus Ericsson Huski Chocolate Honda
9. Scott Dixon PNC Bank Honda
10. Alex Palou joins the team from Dale Coyne Racing
48. Jimmie Johnson Carvana Honda
26 James Hinchcliffe TBC
27. Alexander Rossi NAPA Auto Parts Honda
88. Colton Herta
98. Marco Andretti
Ed Carpenter Racing
21. Rinus Veekay
Meyer Shank Racing
60. Jack Harvey
AJ Foyt Racing
14. Sebastien Bourdais